We Get Results
Perry & Perry PLLP works hard to achieve exceptional results for its clients. The following are examples of some notable results our attorneys have achieved.
- Settlement in a breach of contract case filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (Manhattan) for a telecommunications agent against AT&T Corp., which, after four years of litigation, settled on a confidential basis days before the trial was scheduled.
- Successful defense (as co-counsel) of oil and gas service providers who were being sued for alleged defaults of over $60 million in commercial loans. After motion practice related to venue and defeating a motion to appoint a receiver, the parties arrived at a confidential settlement.
- Confidential settlement on behalf of the plaintiff in a multimillion-dollar contract dispute between a telecommunications long-distance carrier and its third-party billing vendor after extensive discovery and motion practice in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- $4.5 Million settlement in an ERISA class action filed in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota against MoneyGram International, Inc. for losses to employees who invested in the company’s 401(k) Plan.
- Obtained a $533,537 judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada in a securities fraud case for clients who invested in an exotic car dealership located in the Caesar’s Palace Forum Shops in Las Vegas. Through nine years of extensive post-judgment discovery and motion practice, including litigation in federal court in Nevada and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida, we were able to collect $465,000 in a settlement that was paid in full by 2020.
- Obtained a $482,972 judgment in Hennepin County District Court regarding a construction dispute over the remodeling of a home brought by a general contractor against a notable NFL football player.
- Obtained a $541,512 judgment in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas (Dallas) against a biofuel processor in a breach of contract action.
- Obtained an arbitration award of $359,396 in favor of client and successfully defended a counterclaim brought against client in excess of $2 million. The same proceeding involved the installation and customization of Oracle software by our client for a multinational firm headquartered in Italy.
- Multiple confidential settlement pre-litigation matters and seven lawsuits filed in federal courts in multiple jurisdictions to enforce our client’s technology patent.
- Confidential settlement in a fraudulent transfer and piercing the corporate veil case to enforce a $1,915,058 judgment in Hennepin County District Court after litigating four separate cases over a seven-year period.
- $14,435,243 judgment following a court trial in the Delaware Court of Chancery as co-counsel in a shareholder appraisal action for minority shareholders in a bank holding company located in Pennsylvania in a dispute over the value of the stock.
- $218,055 default judgment in the United States Court for the District of Minnesota against a Chinese counterfeiter who was infringing client’s patents and registered trademark.
- Favorable confidential settlement on behalf of a co-defendant in Marshall County (MN) District Court in case seeking over $20 million in damages on various business tort theories after nearly two years of litigation following significant discovery and motion practice.
- Successful partial reversal before the Minnesota Court of Appeals of the dismissal of a complex shareholder dispute involving 25 entities, multiple plaintiffs, and 14 commercial properties. Case is pending on remand to Hennepin County (MN) District Court.
Shawn Perry has served as lead counsel, co-lead counsel and liaison/local counsel in numerous class action cases against major corporations, including antitrust tying, antitrust price fixing, ERISA, securities fraud, consumer fraud, unjust enrichment, contract and employment actions.
- Settled case for approximately $1.4 million for injuries to an elderly man suffered in a car crash, as well as numerous other settlements for seriously injured people involved in car accidents, defective product incidents, dog bite claims, drunk driving accidents and other similar causes.
- Confidential settlements in wrongful death and personal injuries matters in Anoka County (MN) District Court involving a semi-truck and passenger vehicle, which settled on confidential terms after suit was filed but before trial.
- Dozens of favorable recoveries in excess of $100,000 for motor vehicle crashes and other types of cases, including products liability and medical malpractice cases.
Divorce And Family Law
- Representation of high-asset individuals and their spouses who own or have interests in businesses, investments and properties, securing fair and equitable distributions and protecting against inequitable distributions for owners and non-owner spouses alike, including representation related to valuation of business and dividing the value, addressing stock-incentive and bonus plans, and tracing undisclosed assets when a spouse is suspected of concealing assets
- Preparation of prenuptial agreements for small business owners, highly compensated individuals such as professional athletes and C-suite executives, or people remarrying
- Complex business valuation of closely held professional business generating millions of dollars in annual revenue
- Divorce involving sole proprietorship, U.S. and international property valued in
excess of $7 million, including claims of concealment of wealth, dissipation of marital assets, forensic accounting, international and U.S. tax issues
- Divorce involving sole proprietorship and property generating income and claims of dissipation of marital assets, including U.S. and international property and complex accounting issues
- Marital dissolution involving sole proprietorship and homestead
- Divorce involving multiple business entities and property
- Prenuptial agreement involving professional athlete, with income and property values in multi-millions of dollars
- Prenuptial agreement involving closely held businesses, income and property
- Custody disputes involving allegations of domestic abuse
- Custody disputes involving grandparent rights to parenting time
Attorney Shane C. Perry has obtained multiple acquittals following jury trials in cases and favorable resolutions through negotiation. Shane has also prevented charges from being filed in a variety of cases. Notable case results:
- Strangulation – acquitted after trial
- Violent assault – acquitted after trial
- Terroristic threats – acquitted after trial
- Manufacture of methamphetamine – acquitted after trial
- Violent felonious criminal assault and drug charges – dismissed prior to trial
- Unauthorized possession of firearms, drug charges – dismissed prior to trial
- Possession of controlled substances – dismissed prior to trial
- Possession of controlled substance – dismissed prior to trial
- Violation of Order for Protection – dismissed prior to trial
- Embezzlement of $350,000 – resolved with $100,000 restitution and home detention with work release
- Multiple counts of assault with deadly weapon – resolved 90 days home detention
- Violent assault and robbery – resolved 90 days in jail
- Multiple counts (assault, criminal sexual conduct, burglary) – resolved 90 days jail
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) – breath test suppressed, case dismissed prior to trial
- Driving while intoxicated – breath test suppressed, agreement to plea to petty
misdemeanor (no criminal conviction)
- Implied consent revocation of driving privileges – test suppressed, order revoking
driver’s license rescinded
Professional License Defense
- Representation of orthopedic surgeon before Board of Medical Practice
- Representation of physician before Board of Medical Practice
- Representation of pharmacist before Board of Pharmacy
- Representation of nurse before Board of Nursing